Learn to Scuba Dive
No Experience Necessary
1-on-1 Guidance for Scuba Diving in Puerto Rico
This is the ideal Puerto Rico diving experience for people looking for extra attention. Whether you are worried about holding up the group or prefer to experience diving in your small group, this option is for you. Learn basic diving skills in the warm, high-visibility waters off Playa Crashboat. The numerous reefs are home to an abundance of sea life so get ready to see sea urchins, turtles, and even seahorses.
Find out about the equipment you use to dive and how to move around underwater with your gear
Learn key skills that you'll use during every scuba dive
Have fun swimming around in the warm waters and exploring the vibrant reefs
Discover what it's like to breathe underwater
Get individual instruction from an expert instructor
Perform an open water dive that takes you as deep as 40 feet/12 meters
Click the tabs to find out more
$492 for 1-3 people. $164 for each additional person + taxes
Crashboat Watersports – 2010 Ave Dr Pedro Albizu Campos, Aguadilla Pueblo, Aguadilla 00603, Puerto Rico
Every day, year-round
- Tanks and weights
- Drinking water
- Transportation to the beach
What to bring
- Reef-safe sunscreen
About your guide
1 instructor/divemaster – we allow 4 participants per instructor
Good to know
- This activity is only suitable for children aged 10 and over.
- It is important to drink plenty of water before arrival to ensure you are hydrated.
- Apply ocean-friendly/reef-safe sunscreen before arrival so it soaks into your skin and not the precious reef. Ocean-friendly sunscreen is available for purchase in the shop.
- You will be required to complete a PADI medical questionnaire at check-in. Without a doctor’s consent, certain health conditions can prevent you from participating in the course. Call the dive center if you have any concerns.
- As part of the training, you will learn that you need to allow 18 hours to pass before flying after diving.
Coming Up on the Tour
There’s no better place to try out scuba diving than in the warm and sea life-abundant waters of Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. We’ll start the experience by briefing you on basic diving skills such as mask clearing, regulator recovery, and sharing air. Your instructors will explain the different pieces of equipment and ensure they are fitted correctly. At this stage, you’ll also learn about what animals you may see during your open water dive.
Next, you’ll head down to Playa Crashboat, one of the most beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico. The beach was once a military port and a network of piers were constructed on the shore. Over the years and with the help of a few storms and hurricanes, the piers have crumbled and collapsed creating a wreck site. This area evolved into the perfect habitat for sea life, coral formed on the pier columns and continues to attract a diverse range of tropical fish, seahorses, trumpet fish, turtles, and much more.
First, you’ll practice your skills in shallow water near the shore’s edge, then once your instructor is happy with your progress, you’ll head out to the reef to perform an open water dive. This is when you’ll truly understand the attraction of scuba diving. You’ll enter a magical world of brightly colored coral and fish and feel the adrenaline rush when you see larger creatures such as turtles. Once you’ve performed your dive, we’ll head back to the dive center.